Monday, October 5, 2009

My bag... My life

I carry my bag everywhere with me.

I keep everything i need in it,

And a lot of stuff I don't need

Extra useless things, even trash just accumulate in a purse or bag

With too much stuff in my bag I can't move
I can't find anything
Total chaos

It's the same way with our hearts
As we live in the forgiveness of Christ we have everything that we need
But some how extra trash just creeps in.

And we can't move, can't find anything, can't live the way we're called to live
Sin blocks us from living for God, from living in the Joy of Christ.


We need to continually recognize
those things that block us from
knowing and experiencing God

I can clean out my bag.

But I can't clean out my heart
Only Jesus' sacrifice has ever made the human heart whole and clean




Psalm 51:10 says, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.”

May this cry be real to us in every moment of our lives, Christ came to "take out the trash", to welcome us in to a life of love and freedom from the rebellious sin that keeps us from knowing our Father

No comments:

Post a Comment